Saturday, July 11, 2015

Can you write off a small business loan on your taxes?



Of course taxes and what is deductible and what is not is a little complicated. You can not write off the loan HOWEVER the purchases you make are eligible. Here is a list of what some of those eligible deductions would be:


Office supplies

Auto: you can make the purchase of a new car/work van a capital expense, after that you need to determine what percentage of your mileage is used for business. If you use your vehicle 50% of the time you can write off 50% of your vehicles incurred expenses (gas, maintenance, insurance, repairs)

Advertising: anything such as ads, website etc

Professional Fee's: consulting, accountants, lawyers etc

Office Furniture: only on the year that its purchased also note depreciation of the furniture is eligible

Business Entertainment and Travel: Entertainment of clients or prospective clients is eligible for 50%. Airfare, hotels, rental cars, taxi's and other similar things are eligible



The IRS does not let individuals write off interest from personal credit cards or loans. However, it’s a different story for businesses. They have deemed business interest to be a legitimate business expense, and that is tax deductible.


If you have paid interest for business credit cards or a business loan of any kind, you can deduct this amount on your taxes. Yes, you will want to have the back up to prove that the money was spent on business activities just in case you are audited.


So to summerize if you have paid interest on a credit card or loan there are definitely many ways to write off those items as long as they were used for business purposes. Be sure to keep good records.


For more information about obtaining a REVOLVING LINE OF CREDIT for your business and how it can be helpful please drop me an e-mail businessfastcash@gmail.com I can get you up to $2 million in 72 hours.

1 comment:

  1. EVERYBODY READ THIS TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM A LEGIT AND TRUSTED LOAN COMPANY My name is Kjerstin Lis, I have been searching for a loan to settle my debts, everyone I met scammed and took my money until I finally met Mr, Benjamin Breil Lee He was able to give me a loan of R 450,000.00.He also helped some other colleagues of mine. i am talking as the happiest person in the whole wide world today and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will tell the name to the whole wide world and i am so happy to say that my family is back for good because i was in need a loan to start my life all over as i am a single mum with 3 kids and the whole world seemed like it was hanging on me until i meant the GOD sent loan lender that changed my life and that of my family, a GOD fearing lender, Mr, Benjamin, he was the Savior GOD sent to rescue my family and at first i thought it was not going to be possible until i received my loan, i invited him over to my family get-together party which he did not decline and i will advise any one who is in genuine need of a loan to contact Mr, Benjamin Breil Lee via email at (247officedept@gmail.com ) because he is the most understanding and kind hearten lender I have ever met with a caring heart. He doesn't know that i am doing this by spreading his goodwill towards me but I feel I should share this with you all to free yourself from scammers, please beware of impersonators and contact the right loan company Email us via:  247officedept@gmail.com   or whatsapp +1-989-394-3740.  .  

    ReplyDelete